Ethiopian Airlines Adopts New Passenger Reservations Solution

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Ethiopian Airlines has signed up for a suite of new technology solutions from and renewed its passenger reservations system with global travel technology provider, Sabre.

“Our focus towards availing the latest Information Technology and travel system solution is one of the pillars in our long term growth plan, Vision 2025.Consequently, we have made huge investments in Information Technology to create a seamless passenger experience,” said Ethiopian Group CEO Tewolde GebreMariam.

The carrier has been using Sabre’s technology for its core reservations, network planning and e-commerce since 2005.

Dino Gelmetti, Vice President, Airline Solutions, Sabre said the company’s technology has been helping Ethiopian Airlines maximize profits and offer a network of flights more extensive than any other African airline.

Among the new technology that the airline will introduce is Sabre’s Intelligence Exchange.  Airlines currently sit on a goldmine of data, yet only use 12 per cent of it to engage with passengers; Intelligence Exchange enables airlines to turn that remaining 88 per cent of data into actionable insights.

Armed with a 360 degree view of each passenger, airlines can then offer individual travellers services that are uniquely relevant to them – increasing sales of ancillaries.

Gelmetti added that with 80 per cent of flights to, from and within Africa operated by non-African airlines, the move will help Ethiopian to better focus on understanding the individual needs of its passengers while remaining to be an airline of choice among travellers.

The new customer-centric technology will enhance the travel experience through contextual engagement, enabling Ethiopian Airlines to win passengers from its rivals while experiencing up to a 10 per cent revenue increase from ancillary sales.

Ethiopian Airlines joins another African carrier Kenya Airways which implemented Sabre’s Air Vision Group Optimizer platform to streamline group revenue management processes and provide a more holistic view of each booking in July 2017.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply