Swiss-based Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts Plans to Dig Deeper into Kenyan Market with Opening of Latino-Themed Restaurant

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Mövenpick Hotels & Residences, a Kenyan subsidiary of the leading Switzerland-based hospitality chain of the same name, has opened a Latino-themed restaurant known as ‘La Mesa’ in Nairobi. The hospitality plans to dig deeper into the Kenyan Market

Located on the 15th and 16th floors of Mövenpick Hotels & Residences Nairobi, La Mesa offers a vast variety of customary and contemporary tapas as well as home-made sangrias accompanied by flawless Latino sounds with stunning views of Nairobi’s night lights.

“We are delighted to be launching La Mesa just as World Cup season is here for sports fans, La Mesa is the go-to place with its ambiance and live sports screens,” said General Manager Andreas Flückiger.

Since Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts made its debut in Kenya in April with the official opening of Mövenpick Hotel & Residences, Nairobi, the hotel is already getting rave reviews for its big spaces, personalized service, and culinary experiences.

The upscale property features 276 spacious rooms, suites and residences, and has introduced new and exciting dining, leisure and events concepts to the Kenyan capital. The Hotel is located in Westlands, Nairobi’s thriving commercial, retail, and entertainment hub, which is close to the city centre and diplomatic districts.

The property’s parent company, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is headquartered in Baar, Switzerland. And 66.7% owned by Mövenpick Holding. A Saudi-based firm, Kingdom Group owns the remaining 33.3% stake.

The hospitality chain operates over 80 properties, including hotels, resorts, and Nile cruisers, with another 30 resorts planned or under construction across the Middle East and Asia.

The hotel chain serves 5.8 million people per year and was once named the fastest growing hotel chain in the Middle East” by The World Travel Market, a UK event for the global travel industry, launched at London’s Olympia in 1980.

Mövenpick has had its sights on the African market since the early 2000s, with a focus on Kenya, which is sometimes touted as the unofficial gateway into East Africa.

 

 

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply